TCBC COVID-19 Response
Updated on Tuesday, May 19, 2020
After speaking to church leadership and our deacons, we are making plans to come back to worship together on campus on Sunday, June 7!
This decision comes after consulting many of the resources being made available to pastors and churches for this very decision. As of right now, our plan is to return to only one service on Sundays at 10:45am. All of this is very tentative and can change at any moment with future directives from our state or federal government.
We have tried to think through all of the details and plans in order to ensure that our coming together will be safe and wise. What you see below are steps we have chosen to take to do the best we can to be able to come together for worship, while also maximizing safety and health precautions.
Regathering for Corporate Worship at Tabor City Baptist Church
Step 1 – Beginning Sunday, June 7, 2020
- Sunday morning worship at 10:45am ONLY
- No Sunday School or other on-campus activities on Sunday
- No nursery, childcare, or extended session available
- Simpler, shorter worship services (1 hour at most)
- No choir and limited congregational singing
- No greeting or hand shaking time
- All physical contact discouraged
- Facility and Campus Safety
- Only one entrance and exit via the front doors of the church
- Greeters will be present only to open doors and verbally greet
- No hand-shaking or greeting time during the service
- No printed bulletins will be distributed (online only)
- Doors between vestibule and sanctuary will remain open
- Use front bathrooms in vestibule only
- Only the vestibule and sanctuary will be utilized
- Two hand sanitizing stations will be in vestibule
- No offering plates passed (Locked giving box in vestibule)
- Seating will be restricted to every other pew
- Sit at least six feet apart from others unless immediate family
- Pre-packaged, individual Communion sets will be used
- All facilities will be sanitized before and after each service
- The use of masks is encouraged but not required
We will discuss these procedures together in an upcoming video and audio broadcast. If you have questions, concerns, or comments, please save them for that time. If you won’t be able to join us on YouTube or Mixlr for that video and audio broadcast, you can always email the church with your comments or questions.
Matthew Price, Senior Pastor of TCBC